September 14, 2004
Numbers. I remember numbers.
- 268 - School bus number in high school 1964-1968
- 131 - Boot camp company 1972
- 126 - Security badge number at NavCommSta Japan, 1972-1974
- TAN 169 - Ca. license plate # family 1959 Olds
- 1895 - P.O. Box on Kwajalein
- 67 - Army P.O. Box in Japan
- 1339, 47, 2143, 5022 - home street numbers from long ago places
Why do I remember this stuff? Anyone else keep this trivia in their heads?
Posted by Linkmeister at September 14, 2004 01:53 PM
2618955 was my rifle serial number ar Parris Island. It was an M-14.
262 was my security badge number at NavSeGru Nicosia.
I can't remember where I left my shoes! But Hub can remember people's batting averages and slugging percentages and the scores of football games. Eep.
2-12-30 the combo to my high school locker (late 60's) I was so terrified of not being able to open my locker, being late for class, getting into trouble that it haunts me to this day.
#41 and #43 are numbers I remember...! ;^}
Batting averages I can do; locker combination I can't.
Oh God, yes. I remember all the license plates of all the cars my family has ever had (but where are my car keys? what time do I have to pick kid #1 up and drop kid #2 off?). All the phone numbers of everywhere I've lived since I was seven, too, mostly by making words out of them (one house: 756-TACO, another: PRO-KELP).
This is some kind of idiot savant thing, isn't it? ;)